Monday 8 November 2010

Settings Board - Location location location

SETTING: Some Ideas for final filming shots...

This is the decided setting for the Rom-Com the city of Plymouth but we have decided to use the specific part of the barbarian not the main busy streets for the first 2 mins.

I think this setting is very appropriate for the type of genre we are aiming for and this helped me get an idea of what angles i wanted to use for the main filming.




This a very iconic land mark of Plymouth and i think will make it obvious to the viewers where they are and what type of setting it is.

In addition i think that this has helped me see what camera angles are good like the image to the left is an extreme low angle shot.

I think that this will really help make my film look authentic as there are many different shots and the setting is very beautiful and romantic... perfect for the Rom-Com genre.



This is just another shot of the front of the hoe of Plymouth, again a very recognisable shot.

There is drakes island and the lido in the foreground and this will again confirm the setting to the viewer as Plymouth.

This has helped me, by again helping with me decide what camera angle are best for the film and what the look of the film will be.




This Image that i have taken is of the chosen setting for our Rom-Com the beautiful shore line and harbour of Plymouth. I think this is a very appropriate setting as it is has a city behind it and many coves and beaches where romantic scenes can be shot.

I have done this to show the setting of the film so you can get a feeling of where it is and what sort of characters they are for the location that they have chosen to live.

I have learnt that by taking pictures of the setting really helps you get a feeling of how the film will look on screen (through the lens) This will help me visualise what the overall look of my film will be like and what the genre is meant to be.



This is also an original image of where the Rom-Com is going to be shot as it is very cute and has many things that the characters could be doing. We want both or just one of the characters to be living in a stylist flat in the Barbarian area.

No comments:

Post a Comment