Wednesday 15 December 2010

Audience Research

This is detailed audience research finding out about the specific audience that my film is going to appeal to. This also makes it clear that many people that I got opinions and made the genre and audience very clear. I also chose to do the audience research in a mind map from as I think it is more visual and pretty to look at for the reader.

I have learned from doing that identifying your specific audiecne is very important in making your film because if you didn't you would have no target to work towards and you would not do correct focus groups and a lot of people wouldn't like your film. In addition, by doing this it was obvious that the audience was females and quite young.

FEMALE - 16 YEARS OLD


The first person that I interviewed was a young girl of 16 and she made it very clear to me that she is defiantly in the target audience as she says in the dislike mind map that "I like everything about Rom-coms" This was very helpful to me as I could immediately put her into the target audiecne.

 FEMALE - 39 YEAR OLD


The second person was an older female as i thought it was important to find the top band of my target audience so that i was at know risk of showing it to someone that wouldn't be able to relate to it. The main thing brought up in her answers was that she did not like that to be to cheesy or predictable. However over she liked Rom-coms and I think she is very much in the target audience but the top end.
FEMALE - 16 YEAR OLD


The third person was the same age and gender as the first person as I got such a positive response from the first 16 year old female, that I wanted to see if it was the same in other 16 year old. There was mainly the same response as she had to think long and hard to think of anything that she didn't like about Rom-coms and but 3 positives and only 2 negatives.

MALE - 16 YEAR OLD


The last person that i asked about Rom-Coms was the same age as the two most positive responses, but this time it was a male. I asked more females then males as i think it is quite obvious already that the genre of Rom-com is more focused at women as films like 'Bridget Jones Diary' and 'Legally Blonde' are far more suited to the female audience with the girl main characters and not a lot of violence and action scenes. I thought this was interesting to compare to the females answers as he made it quite clear to me that he is not part of the target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment